Kelly and I had a lot of fun while filming, David is from Australia so you know I liked talking to him even more just to hear that awesome accent. David's salon, THERAPY is located near the Galleria and it's just beautiful! Thank you Tim for asking us to be apart of this! We got our 15 seconds of fame!
CLICK HERE to watch the segment:)
BUTTERFLY CLIP WAVES
- Have 10+ butterfly clips handy.
- Spray thermal protector and texture spray in your hair (David uses Kevin Murphy Resort Spray).
- Grab a small section of hair and lay it over your finger.
- Clamp the butterfly clip over the hair, over your finger then pull your finger out of the clip leaving the clip in your hair.
- Put another clip in your hair the same way right under the first clip (and another if your hair is long).
- After you get a head full of clips, blast your head with the heat from a hair dryer.
- Allow hair to cool about 10 minutes.
- Take all of the clips out and tussle with your fingers.
- Start with a deep wave crimper (similar to a crimper from the 1990s, but with a deeper V formation)
- Crimp hair all over the head.
- Allow to cool.
- Flip your head upside down and tussle with your fingers.
- Start with thermal protector and texture spray.
- Grab a small section of hair and tie a knot.
- Tie another knot directly under the first knot.
- Tease the end of the hair to keep the knots in place.
- Continue knotting and teasing until all of your hair is in knots!
- Heat with a hairdryer and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take out the knots and toss with your fingers.
- Apply a styling product to tame.
- Start with Kevin Murphy Wave Clips.
- Clip one clip in a small section of hair.
- If hair is long, clip another wave clip underneath the first one.
- When all your hair is clipped, heat with a hair dryer and allow to cool.
- Remove the clips and toss with your fingers.