Yesterday, was my cousin Darin's birthday and also our friend Katie's birthday. DOUBLE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! We spent the whole day getting our tan on while playing poolside.
Before the pool I cut up a fresh watermelon, filled a nalgene bottle up with vodka, put the cut up watermelon inside, and stuck it in the freezer...(you can take some to the pool for a lil snack too)
Later that night at Darin and Ginny's house my SUNCHILD SPRITZ had everyone asking me what I was drinking and if I could make them one! It was a BIG HIT!
What you will need for a SUNCHILD SPRITZ
-Tito's Vodka (From Austin, Texas)
-Topo Chico- sparkling water
-Lime (20 for $1 at Fiesta)
- Cut watermelon slices/squares and put them into nalgene bottle and pour vodka almost all the way to the top.
- Leave them soaking in freezer for at least 5 hours, the longer they soak the better.
- After soaking, pour a small amount (shot size) of the ice cold vodka into glass of ice.
- Take a chunk or two of the watermelon and drop into glass.
- Then fill your glass with cold Topo Chico
- Last... cut up a fresh lime and squeeze juice into your Summer Spritz.
For those of you who don't really drink a lot of alcohol... just place one vodka soaked watermelon chunk into a glass of topo chico and ice.
There is no reason why you can't have a pretty drink. Fill your glass with Topo Chico, ice, and Fresh cut watermelon slices/squares.
*Pineapple is another great fruit to soak:) sometimes I like to add blueberries and rasberries just to make the drink prettier:)
Photo's from yesterday coming up...